St Olav-Kayaking 3 or 6 days
Following the footsteps of St Olav in the Archipelago on St Olav-waterway in a kayak. On this 3-6 day paddling trip you will discover the most interesting tracks of cultural history in the otherwise wild archipelago. Possible islands to visit are Nötö, Aspö, Jurmo and even further out like Utö to finally reach our destination: the island Kökar.
On this paddling pilgrimage you will experience a perfect balance between cultural enlightenment and mindfulness in the kayak on the sea. Some of the islands are inhabited all year around and you will experience the slow life, where the daily arrival of the ferry is one of the long-waited happenings. Your guide will show you the most interesting places, where you get your own time to explore.
On the main islands we can refill our supplies with fresh water and maybe even recently caught fish. For some an ice-cold beverage from the village-shop might be tempting on a warm summer day.
The tours are performed safely according to the group’s skills and weather conditions. We might carry our kayaks onto the connection ferries to pass open sea passages or choose different starting points if the weather requires it. We will accommodate in 2-person-tents on the wild islands.
Group size: 1-9 persons (guaranteed tour)
Level: Beginner to experienced paddlers. Basic fitness required.
Included in the package:
- Excellent kayaking equipment (single and double kayaks)
- A friendly, professional kayaking guide
- Accommodation in tents
- All food prepared together with your guide
- Luggage transportation Nagu-Kökar
Starting point: Nagu
Finishing point: Kökar
- After choosing the right paddling equipment for everyone, we start our trip into the beautiful archipelago from the main island Nagu.
- On a typical day we will pack our kayaks after breakfast and paddle about 20 km a day, starting at 10 am and arriving at our next night’s camping site around 5 pm.
- Then there will be time to set up our tents, prepare dinner and explore the island.
- During the day we will have a lunch break and stretch our legs on shorter breaks on various islands. The guide will show you some of the historical places along your journey and tell you about people’s life in the archipelago.
- On the last day we arrive to the island Kökar, where you will receive your luggage to continue your own journey.
Tour dates 2019:
- May 17-19 (3 days)
- June 26-July 1 (6 days)
- August 15-17 (3 days)
Other dates possible, please ask us!